In the benevolent designs of God, the Sisters of the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament (S.A.B.S) had its humble origin on 29 January 1908, in Changanacherry Archdiocese by the Serv-ant of God Mar Thomas Kurialassery. It is the third indigenous women Congregation in Kcrala and spread in Syro-Malabar dioceses. The aim of the Congregation is, "Our Lord in the Eucharist must be known, loved and adored by all, always and every where". The Congregation was raised to Pontifical Status by His Holiness Popé Paul VI on 11 February 1968. During the last 92 years, the Congregation made tremendous progress in her apostolié fields including education, care for the sick, missionary activities and social service. Keeping the mottó of the Congregation, that is, "LŐVE, SERVICE, SACRIFICE", the members are rendering their services in different centres in many states of India and in Europe, Africa, Australia and Nepál. Now the Congregation has 7 Provinces, 5 Vice-Provinces and 3 Regions with 4060 professed sisters in 422 houses.
Christu Jyothi Vice-Province was förmed on 29 March, 1998, by Rcv. Mother Thecla S.A.B.S, the Supcrior General. Rcv. Mother Virgin S.A.B.S was elected the Provinciai Superior. There are houses in M.P, U.P, West Bengal and Rajastan with its centre in Satna diocese, at Pateri. We started to render our service in Satna diocese, in 1971, at Panna. Now there are four houses in the Satna diocese, Panna, Gijwar, Waidhan and Pateri. The present Provinciai house is situated at Pateri, Satna.