The Sacred Heart Congregation for women is a community of lőve, which took shape in the Syro Malabar Church in Kerala by the infinite providence of God. The aim of the congregation is that the members should live the ideals of Christ, experiencing deeply the compassionate lőve of/ God, the Father manifested through the Sacred Heart of Jesus and sharing it with others, especially the poor and the afflicted. Rev. Fr. Mathew Kadalikatttil, the Servant of God, founded the congregation, on 1 January, 1911. We see a marvelous growth of the congregation during the pást 89 years. The service of the S.H sisters has been spread not only in Kerala and India, but alsó abroad. At prescnt thcre arc 3204 professed sisters, about 371 candidates, and 369 houses. Our apostolaié now covers in taking care of the destitute, health care, home mission, care of mentally retarded, educa-tion, social service, orphanage, home for the aged and disables, evangelization, press and publica-tions. We alsó help in parish work catechism and liturgical training. Our Generalate is situated, at Manganam, Kottayam. Today the congregation has 7 provinces in Kerala and 3 mission vice-provinces in the North and North-East India.
In the year 1973 Mar Ábrahám D. Mattam cordially invited us to the diocese of Satna. Our Sr. Provinciai Sr. Tresa Margret S.H. has accepted the invitation and in the same year we started two houses, namely at Tikamgargh and at Satna. In both the places we run Hindi and English médium schools. On 11 March, 1979 S.H. Convent Dewra came intő existence. The sisters moved to another village station at Kund on 16 October 1988. In these places the sisters work in the dispen-sary and do village apostolate.
S.H. Study House, Pateri, a formation house for the candidates, started functioning in 1991. In 1998 the S.H Shishubhavan was started, at Pateri. An English Médium School and a convent took shapc in the same year.